PhilJets Commitment to Safety
Consciousness and Caution are primary concerns of every team member at PhilJets. Hence, we ensure beyond everything that our customers travel with Safety, as every protection and precaution are taken care of.
In addition, we make sure that all our services and products comply with the highest international standards in the industry because Safety is a fundamental essence of the aviation industry and a priority consideration for each of our clients.
Each mission and each service is conducted with the dedication of a team of maintenance technicians, expert pilots, support personnel and mechanics all continuously trained in their area of competence.
Our goal is to tackle our customers’ apprehensiveness and satisfy their stringent prerequisites while conducting safe operations. Therefore we certify to have the best-trained crews and engineers on the market, and that our aircrafts are kept in their finest mechanical condition.
Our critical achievements
Reduce response time (esp. for MRO activities)
Improved logistics solutions
Zero-default and Accident-free missions
State-of-the-art safety equipment
Safety metrics and QA assessment
Create and maintain an accident-free workplace
Provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for its personnel and clients
Continuous improvement of the AirHeed® Safety Management System through constant evaluation of safety standards and training of personnel
Our motto: Zero Damage to People, Assets and the Environment
Our 0 accident policy is part of our AirHeed ® Safety Management System (SMS) and our prior motive, in order to complete competitive yet state-of-the-art missions in each of our core businesses.
Environment and Respect for Natural Habitat should be in our opinion a primary concern for every company involved in Tourism and Transportation industries.
Since Aerospace-related industries can be very consuming in natural resources, PhilJets strives to reduce ecological impact to its minimum level for our daily operations, while working proactively on developing new systems and processes to establish the most sustainable business framework in the industry.
Moreover, we cultivate strong bonds and the strong relationship with the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), so that every time we fly, we remain as blue as the sky. As an air operator, we are resolute to appear as the safest and reliable actor in the industry. This is why we strictly and carefully adhere to the most rigorous CAAP guidelines and the firmest regulations & training procedures ongoing in the air-traffic control and airlines code of conduct.
Have a look at our AirHeed® SMS Program for more information on Safety Management Systems programs and guidelines.
Airheed - Philjets Aircraft Safety Management System (SMS)
We propose any company involved in aviation activities to help them with their SMS program. If you want to participate in an AirHeed® training session, please inquire here.
Aviation stakeholders (authorities, operators, MRO, ATO, etc.,) are now required by the ICAO to start a phased-approach SMS implementation by January 2009. PhilJets wants to go further, and proposes a full performance of its SMS Program since the early stage of its creation, called AirHeed®
What is a Safety Management System (SMS)?
It is a systematic approach to managing Safety, including the necessary organizational structures, accountabilities, policies, and procedures.
PhilJets, as an Air Operator, Aircraft Materials Distributor and Aircraft Maintenance Organization is responsible for establishing its own SMS.
The CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines) is responsible for the acceptance and oversight of PhilJets’ SMS, in accordance with both national and international standards.
The scope of an SMS encompasses most of the activities of the organization, from services to operations, asset management, engineering and Quality Assurance, environmental impact compliance and all Marketing & Sales activities.
An SMS is not dedicated solely to operational staff, and it should start
AirHeed® SMS Program not only acknowledges protection measures and the strictest security procedures, it also aims at making continuous improvement to the overall level of safety. PhilJets’ commitment to the protection of its passengers, employees, properties, and surroundings comes with a target to attain a higher standard for soundness and reliability.
Philjets SMS Excerpt
Official Safety Policy and Objectives:
Safety is one of our core business functions. We are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under a balanced allocation of organization resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting national and international standards while delivering our services.
• Support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources, that will result in an organizational culture that fosters safe practices, encourage effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages it with the same attention to results of the other management systems of the organization
• Enforce the management of safety as the primary responsibility of all managers and employees
• Clearly define for all staff, managers and employees alike, their accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of the organization’s safety performance and the performance of our safety management system
• Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management process, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities to a point which is as low as reasonably practicable
• Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazards reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence, or a deliberate or willful disregard of regulations or procedures (JUST POLICY, click to see more)
• Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards
• Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes
• Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters and are allocated only tasks commensurate with skills
• Continually improve our safety performance through
• Ensure externally supplied system and services to support our operations are delivered meeting our safety performance standards.
Focus on our JUST POLICY
PHILJETS is committed to developing and maintaining a positive safety culture through:
- Uninhibited reporting of all incidents and occurrences that compromise the safety of its operations
- No disciplinary action against any employee who discloses information on incident or occurrence involving aircraft maintenance errors and safety-related occurrences
- This policy provides protection of the identity of a person who provided the information in order to encourage reporting of errors, hazards and/or incidents.
Thus, if an employee at PhilJets committed an error or is involved in an error incident while performing any aircraft maintenance task, for example, he/she should document the error and submit it within 24 hours from the time of the error.